Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 8: The gondolas have sub woofers, and they use them frequently.

















We arose at 8:30 a.m. and had 2 hours to do whatever we had left to do. So we shopped those hours away. Then we attended train ride number 2, were almost deported at the train station by shady police, and after an hour long passport check we were off. 3 hours later, we were in Venice. IT IS GORGEOUS!!! There are no words to describe, I LOVE it!! It is exactly what you think of when you think of Italy. Gondolas sailing couples around (many are equipped with sub woofers blasting disqo tech), incredible shopping and decadent cafés on every corner, and views from bridges that can only be experienced here. I never could have imagined it would be this perfect. Oh! And our hotel! I have never stayed anywhere nicer: fabric on every one of our walls, chandeliers, flat screen t.v.’s, it’s just so huge and vintage and Italian today has been the most perfect day! We strolled through the cobblestone streets of our city on water, then ate such a great dinner at a candlelit outdoor cafe. After, we stopped for some crepes and were blessed with the most attractive crepe maker you could ever imagine. We couldn’t let the opportunity go to waste, so we arranged a little romance between Ashlee and the crepe maker. The crepes were good, but messy. Ali spilled Nutella on her leg and unintentionally walked as a cripple for a block (If I haven’t already mentioned this, Nutella is my new favorite thing. I discovered it my first day in Rom and I will put it on anything and everything). The picture describes it all. I could not have asked for a more perfect day, Venice is AMAZING! Oh I almost forgot, I saw the most adorable little boy and I had to capture it because if by the time I have kids they can genetically engineer them to look how I want: I will show them this photo and tell them to make me this child. P.s. There are jelly fish in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment