Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 29: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, and Burgley.

Today was skin tanning-ly hot, beautiful, and not a cloud in the sky!!! Not. It poured. And even underneath two pathetic, repeatedly worn jackets, it was freezing. I have yet to invest in an umbrella, but Ali so kindly sacrifices her looks to wear her hooded, blue, rain jacket and let me use her umbrella. After a late night of living up London, we were exhausted this morning. We pull down the food tray and sleep every morning on our express destination train rides. But nevertheless we excitedly endeavored to the Burgley House. By house, they mean small, castle-like mansion of a house. Complete with it's own herd of REINDEER!!! I couldn't have asked for a better surprise!! Their reindeer horns are as soft as those soft baby toys in Babies 'R Us, and they did not flee: they were SO friendly that they came right up to us and we were lovin it!! I loved the house too... it was just so English. We got a private tour before the House opened to the public and it was so intriguing and fascinating. Pride and Prejudice was also filmed at this location, and the tour guide let us know the Kiera Knightly is a, "well, it rhymes with witch." We were told we had to try the clotted creme: so we did. It tasted like butter, but the best butter ever made. And creamier. On scones. With Jam. Ah-mazing!! I hear the gardens are delightful, but I sat inside while Brady ventured outward in the foreboding, inclimate weather to capture them. We took our chartered bus to the town of Stamford. It was cozy and cute just like you would expect. We explored some little shops, walked the streets, and ate some freshly made Gmen. I found the cure to my tanlessness displayed clearly in a shop window. It was an adorable afternoon. Later that night at the bus stop, we stopped by the infamous platform known by wizard lovers round the world: Platform 9 and three quarters. Phenominal!! I'll have you know that I was mid-air (when the picture was supposed to be taken) but this was the tail end of my flight. It was magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment