Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 15: Villa Savoye

Due to my lack of blogging skill, all my pictures are in the opposite order. So today I will start backwards: we ended this incredible day at Musee D'Orsay. It houses some of the finest art and furniture in the world... as well as some of my favorites (Degas and Van Gogh). There was SO much to see and my quality camera refused to do any of the pictures the justice they deserved. But just know, that it was fantastic in every way. Before that, we were all famished, and decided to dine at the finest in style of any restaurant in Paris: Kong. It was designed by Phillipe Starck, and when the menu is in the triple digits, you know you are fine dining. Simply amazing, ghost chairs everywhere (they are bigger than I expected, and extremely comfortable), spectacular top floor views of Paris, suave design like you've never seen. It was pure class. And my cheeseburger valued at the price of a new pair of pants was worth every penny, the french just need to invest in some mustard. It's something I will never forget for the rest of my life. At now the best for last, which was really the first: Villa Savoye!!! Ah, perfection in house form. Corbusier knew what he was doing when he designed this house around his 5 points of design. It was intriguing from every angle, not a square foot was not perfect. And sitting in all of the petite comfort chairs, and the chaise lounge, and so many more: priceless, completely priceless. You will never understand it's true beauty and perfection until you walk through this masterpiece. And my dream staircase was even more stunning than I knew It could be, wow! I walked up and down it about 5 times. It just got better and better every time. We sat in the front yard and sketched it after the self guided tour, and it was unforgettable. Villa Sovoye is the perfect house, Kong is the most chic restaurant in Paris, and Musee D'Orsay is the most valuable museum in the world. My day way pretty unbelievable.


No comments:

Post a Comment