Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 26: Spiritual Canteen- filled.

Today on this beautiful, rainy, London Sabbath day we ventured about 10 minutes walk from our flat to a young single adults ward. Before we left however, Ali discovered her first gray hair: it was slightly tramatic. She was mad. She was livid. She made us pluck it out of her head. The church was extraordinary: contemporary and modern. A far cry from the 1875 style, orange pew and ancient sconce filled chapel I ordinarily frequent. This church was so perfect, I contemplated taking pictures inside but used my better judgement and decided against it. Warning: this post may be a tab bit spiritually enlightening, seeing as how my day full of it. I'll start with sacrament meeting: the sacrament should always be blessed with a British accent, I feel as though it gives it more meaning. The ward was bigger than I expected, and the speakers were hilarious yet brilliant. Also, Brother Zabrowski of the Quorum of the Seventy graced us with his presence and bestowed his insight and words of wisdom for 20 minutes, it wasn't long enough. On to Sunday school: the object lesson involved king size candy bars for all. It was an incredible lesson on trials and adversity, made even better with every comment from the crowd responded to with, "Brilliant, simply Brilliant." Relief Society: Started off with a story of the Logan Temple: it was fate. We came home and domestically made a full meal of Chicken Parmigiana, steamed broccoli, and toffee cake. Mmm!!! It was delish. Time is flying by, I can't believe that tomorrow is Monday. I can't believe I only have a week and a half left of this perfect trip. I just can't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment