Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 24: So this is what a vacation feels like.

I slept in. I slept in until I couldn't lay in bed any longer, and it was the most wonderful thing I could have done. We haven't had a free day in 2 weeks! As much as we love everything, we are just exhausted. Warning: this post may possibly be the most boring post that has been written thus far. I sat on my bed and did homework, sketched, blogged, and tried but failed to watch episodes of So You Think You Can Dance? Ali made me a tuna sandwich, it was the best tuna sandwich I've ever had. I got out of my bed at about 5 pm. I have been wearing the same V neck for 2 days, yes I slept in it too. We looked so homeless today that as we tried to document it, even the camera didn't want to see half our faces. This may sound completely pathetic and loser status, but I'll have you know that it was just what we needed. Sidenote: You may notice that in many a picture we have wilted peace sign fingers. Let me explain: In every Madonna and Child painting we've seen, baby Jesus has these fingers. We adopted them as our own, and refer to them as BJF's (baby Jesus fingers). Us girls went out to dinner around the corner from our flat. We were shut down, twice. Here, they don't need you, you need them. Me: "Hi, we have 4 for dinner." Host: "No. We have no room for you." Pause. Then we walked out. Finally we found a hip little Italian Restaurant and I felt like I was in Italy again. I ate my food too fast to take a picture of it, however I did try to give a tomato a second chance. It was disgusting, I don't know why I tried it. Then there was cheesecake: ours came out missing about 1/2, and it tasted like key lime pie. On the way home, Ali found a candybar for men. They have the weirdest/best candy here. Tomorrow, we will take London by storm and enjoy it to the fullest. But now, as of today, I can say that I've enjoyed my bed to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment