Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 5: Groms.
















To be completely honest, this day was all a blur... We left Rome, such an incredible city center full of history and hustle and bustle. We got on a train (my first train ride, if you don't count the Heber Creeper I rode when I was 7) and an hour and a half later we were in Florence! It was less busy, and even more quaint and adorable. The architecture is just as amazing, we started right off with a walking tour with Tawnya. She was slightly less entertaining as our Roman guide, but just as knowledgeable. We toured some fantastic churches and chapels, but my most memorable moment of the day was when I got a smoothie called Red from this little smoothie stand. It was the healthiest, best tasting smoothie i've ever consumed! We all met up for dinner, and then went to "the best gellato place in all of Florence" recommended by Tawnya. Grom's was unreal. I can now say that I have tasted perfection in gellato form. Words simply cannot express how flavorful and remarkable it was.

Florence is a walking city, which is completely different from always having to take a taxi in Rome. So we trecked back to our hotel, and let me just tell you: space efficient doesn't even begin to describe our hotel room. 4 twin beds pushed together with a headboard 2/3 of the way down the wall. The bathroom was just indescribable. But it was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment