Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 14: Bird.

Sainte Chapelle was our first stop on this very long, yet eventful and fascinating day. I'm not the biggest fan of stained glass windows, never have been, and didn't think I ever would be. I'm proud to say i've been converted. The windows at Sainte Chapelle were unbelievable! So intricate and detailed and incredible... I couldn't get enough. Next stop: The Pompidu. The architecture of this museum of modern art is art in and of itself. I love it! I love modern art, I studied it all last semester and I thought I could appreciate it all. That was until I watched a fat, naked lady attempt ballet on a small box, then frantically roll around: Entitled- Bird. It was almost as entertaining as the movie next to it: a naked woman combing her hair over, and over, and over. But aside from all of that, the rest was incredible. After the Pompidu we journeyed to Le Louvre. I've been dreaming of seeing this museum since childhood, but never did I know it would take me a full 3 weeks to see everything inside. It is HUGE. It is the definition of the word Huge. I saw Aphrodite, as well as the infamous Mona Lisa. She doesn't need any eyebrows, she is stunning just the way she is, and she's also the only smile i've seen from anything French. I sat in my first petite comfort chair by Le Corbusier. I love how everyday I see the most spectacular history right before my eyes. Incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment