Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 35: The Last Supper.

Our last rainy day in London. We toured Buckingham Palace this morn, and it was quite beautiful. I actually really loved it. Unfortunately pictures weren't allowed. Getting on the tube was a little tricky after that because "all lines are closed due to a person under the train." Whether accidental or intentional, they were very nonchalant about the whole situation. After walking to every Underground station within 5 miles and finally having success, I discovered the store I wished I had spent all my money at: it was a mixture of Urban Outfitters and Anthropology (my dream come true). Although slightly pricey, everything in there was a must have for me. It was called Top Shop (for girls) and Top Man (for guys). I loved both of them, and invested in a few fantastic T-shirts (P.s. When googling their website, do not accidentally type in topmen.com). On the way home, we stopped at the humming bird: the most adorable cupcake shop in London. It was priceless, okay it was 2 pounds and 15 pence but it was so cute and I loved it! That was followed by packing everything I've been living with into my closet on wheels, also known as my suitcase. Amidst the mess, Kaitlyn and I shared one last lunch of Nachos on our flat floor. Not long after, we journeyed across the street to Gourmet Burger Kitchen. I love burgers. I love them so much. Me and Ali's blue cheese burger was SO GOOD! Me and Kait had to stop by the Tesco to pick up a few last minute treats for the fam (and ourselves). On the way out, we saw the same homeless man we pass by every morning on the way to the tube asking for spare change. We gave him all the money we had left... he was so grateful, and he let us play with his dogs. We came home, got locked out, and waited for the keys to be thrown down a 6 story window for us. Now we have to clean our flat (I didn't know I agreed to this). At this point, America is just a 13 hour flight with a 4 hour layover away.

No comments:

Post a Comment