Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 33: It was quite the slow Sunday for a fast Sunday.


This may be the most unexciting, uneventful, uninspiring, blog post that ever happened. I went to church, it was great. Actually, now that I think of it I do have things to talk about... the testimony bearers of the ward: typical yet surprising. Judgmental as that may sound, I heard a few firsts that would have fit nowhere on the average testimony bingo card. You always hear the "with every fiber of my being", of course the "I wasn't going to get up here today..", or the ever classic "I don't know any of you but I already love you all"... well today I heard a new one: "(picture a thick Ukrainian, barely translatable accent) I'm going through economic crisis, so if you could all please leave money or food with Bishop for me. Thank you." The best part of that was probably the bishop's face of instant, unknowing, disapproving shock. Besides some of the entertaining thank-timonies, there were actually quite a few fantastically given testimonies. The rest of this Sabbath is all quite a blur... Ashlee, my caretaker and mother hen, made a delicious Sunday dinner for us all: oh it was so good! Our stove top doesn't exactly work, so noodles, grilled cheese sandwiches, potatoes, and anything else that should never be put in an oven is cooked in ours. My sickness is still flourishing and I look like death, but nothing a lot of Tylenol cold PM can't fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment