Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 34: Nemesis Inferno.

People attend theme parks for 2 reasons: The first- to defy gravity at 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds on a vertical, twisting, winding, plummeting, life threatening coaster of steel. The second: to witness other theme park goers. I happened to be quite the attraction myself: just rolled out of bed, sick (to be used in reference to illness, not sick as in cool), sporting the fanny pack and yes, a large oversized blue rain jacket tied around my waist (Note: today is the only day it did not rain.). There are always, and will forever continue to be, people at theme parks that you can't stop staring at because they never should have been allowed to leave the house like that. I only managed to capture a couple of these unique individuals on their fun filled day at Thorpe Theme Park (please note the man with the buzzed head: with jelled bangs). The park is on an island surrounded by a river, it's so fun. It was like a drastically upgraded Lagoon (minus their version of the Rocket, it was pretty pathetic to say the least), or even comparable to a Six Flags. The rides on the other hand were excellent: Stealth (rode it twice), The Slammer (couldn't feel my head 79% of the time), Nemesis Inferno (self explanitory), Saw (hated the movie, loved the ride), Teacups (my first time!), and Collosus (my favorite one). Our hair explains their impact on us. The lines were that of any Disney Land attraction, but they were all worth the wait. It was SO much fun!! Another favorite of mine are the gift shops, filled with overpriced useless crap. Always a good time.... I love amusement parks, just as I loved this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment